- About Us
- Why Window World
Request Free Estimate
If you live in Tampa, Clearwater or any of the surrounding areas, you know that Florida weather can take a toll on the condition of your home. Between hot days, afternoon thunderstorms and the threat of tropical storms or hurricanes, you have a lot to worry about when it comes to protecting your home.
In fact, Tampa has such a reputation for summer thunderstorms that it has been deemed the “Lightning Capital of North America.” When those harmless afternoon thunderstorms turn into something more severe, with heavy rainfall, lightning and high winds, it’s important to make sure your home is ready to weather the storm.
No matter if you’re facing seemingly endless hot Florida days or a typical Tampa thunderstorm, Window World of Tampa can help you prep your home. But, how do you know when it’s time to make updates? Check out our 5 key signs below:
1. Your air conditioning can’t keep up. If you feel like no matter how high you pump up the A/C it just isn’t working, it may be time to invest in energy-efficient products. Window World of Tampa offers energy-efficient windows, doors and siding that will help you save on your energy bills year-round.
2. Your windows are not prepared for hurricane-force winds. Due to its geographical nature, Florida is highly susceptible to tropical storms and hurricanes. Though Tampa has not been directly impacted by a hurricane in many years, it’s crucial to be adequately prepared if a storm ever does make landfall. Hurricane impact windows from Window World of Tampa are built to withstand hurricane-force winds, and still provide exceptional energy efficiency.
3. Your vinyl siding is damaged. Has your vinyl siding suffered from the occasionally harsh Florida weather? Dings, dents and moisture damage is not just displeasing to the eye, it’s a threat to the structural integrity of your home. It’s imperative that your vinyl siding is in good enough condition to protect your space from the undesirable elements of nature. Not to mention, if your vinyl siding is not energy-efficient, you could be missing out on years’ worth of energy bill savings.
4. Your patio doors are difficult to open. Most Florida homes have some sort of porch or patio that is great for enjoying the many benefits of our state’s climate. However, it’s important to perform regular maintenance to your patio to keep it in good condition. Regular wear and tear, poor weather and salty air can affect the functionality of your patio doors. If you realize difficulty in opening or closing your patio doors, it may be time to replace them.
5. Your soffit & fascia is worn. It may seem like a small thing, but soffit & fascia can save your home from severe moisture damage. Soffit & fascia work simultaneously with your vinyl siding to protect the roofing and interior of a home from severe weather. If yours is not up to date, you could face major damage to the structure of your home.
Did you check yes to one or more of these signs? Don’t put off your makeover project any longer. Contact the experienced professionals at Window World of Tampa today for a free in-home estimate. We are more than happy to guide you through the projects that are right for your home, and help you determine which steps to take first!